I'm back and brown! Well, I tried another hair coloring product and here's my review about it. Let's start!
Recently, I decided to DIY hair coloring. I often feel tizzy whenever I think about having my hair colored. Yesterday, I slowly contemplated with what product to use for DIY. Until, I decided to purchase PIXXEL (Lolane) in light chocolate. This is my first time to use this hair dye.
So here it goes....
Recently, I decided to DIY hair coloring. I often feel tizzy whenever I think about having my hair colored. Yesterday, I slowly contemplated with what product to use for DIY. Until, I decided to purchase PIXXEL (Lolane) in light chocolate. This is my first time to use this hair dye.
So here it goes....
What is Pixxel?
It is a hair coloring product by Lolane. It is manufactured in Thailand and proves that no animal testing was done to check the effectiveness of the hair dye. It is a hair transformer that is widely used in Thailand. Now, that it is manufactured in the Philippines, I've seen a lot of reviews online.
Now, it is my chance to share my 2 cents about this product.
Now, it is my chance to share my 2 cents about this product.
What's inside the box?
The box includes the following:
- Instruction manual
- Oxymilk lotion 9% (50 ml)
- Lolane Pixxel color cream (50 ml)
How to use:
- Follow the ratio of 1:1.
- Mix well.
- Apply on dry or damp hair. (If hair is oily, wash it with shampoo. If hair is in normal state you can apply the hair color on a dry hair.)
- Start applying one inch away from the roots let it stay there for 20 minutes. Then, apply at the tips and let it stay there for 10 minutes and last application is on the roots. Let it stay there for 10 minutes. For a total of 40 minutes.
- Spray some water and gently massage the hair.
- Rinse and let it dry.
COLORING PROCESS
![]() |
| My hair before the coloring process.... |
![]() |
| During the application... |
![]() |
| After rinsing my hair. (hair color isn't noticeable yet) |
![]() |
| Almost dried up... |
Well....... My hair is almost dry.
![]() |
| A day after the application. This is how it looks like outdoors. |
Keep in mind:
- It is a rule of thumb to always do an allergy test before using items.
- Bleaching hair is not really necessary since the dye is absorbed well even on black hair or regrowth.
- When coloring your hair, it is best to wait for 6-8 months before dyeing your hair again.
- Use a hair color treatment, hair spa or hot oil to prevent further hair damage.
Good points:
- After coloring process and rinsing. My hair feels softer compared to other hair coloring products after use.
- It doesn't have that strong smell compared to other coloring materials.
- It is easier to mix and to apply.
- Works well with black or bleached hair.
- It is quite affordable. (around Php 128.00)
Bad points:
- It doesn't include free gloves.
- The instruction manual doesn't have that very clear instructions.
Conclusion:
If you are opting to have your hair colored DIY, looking for something affordable, wanting to have a long lasting color, preventing more damage on hair, then, this product is highly recommendable. It has everything you need and I assure you, it is worth the try!
I wasn't able to achieve the same color as with the model on the picture but somehow, I am satisfied with the color. I made some mistakes with the application process. So, I will recolor my hair once more.
After washing, I didn't need to use hair spa or hot oil because the product didn't dry my hair and it was softer after the coloring process. It might be because of the oxyfying milk.
The product did it's wonder and the after process smell on my hair is good.
Rating:
![]() |
| Chesca, The Critique |








Comments